Sunday, March 18, 2007

Emacs..

I am a vim user. I have been using Vim since the beginning of my linux life. About 2 years ago, I started to get interest on emacs, but I have never had a chance to approach to it. Partly because of busy tasks always drew me back to vim to get the job done. Partly because I am lazy... And I never stick to Emacs for more than 3 days.

Now I am trying to get Emacs once again. I installed Xemacs and got a annoying terminal bell when I made a mistake on the editor. A temptation to go back to vim.. But, I googled and set the visual bell. It is annoyingly in complicated place like:

Options -> Advanced(Customize) -> Emacs -> Environment -> Sound -> Visual Bell

And I suffered to toggle the value to non-nil. What made this application one of the best editor in opensource group? Sure, I saw too many configurable places which I have no idea. Let's try to stick to Xemacs for a while and see why it is a good editor!

No comments: